Best Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant Clinic – Men and Women
Best Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant Clinic – Men and Women
Goals of Follicular Unit Transplantation FUE
When planning for Follicular Unit Transplant FUE to hair fall treatment, it’s important to understand the goal of the surgery before making decisions. There are six major goals for FUE in hair restoration:
- Natural & Permanent
- Minimally Invasive
- No Visible Scar
- No Stitches
- Eliminate male hair baldness and female hair loss
Bio FUE Hair Transplant
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), as opposed to the FUT procedure, is a hair transplant method in which the doctor extracts the follicular units of hair, from the donor area of your head, one by one. The doctor uses a small microneedle, which punches a tiny incision around a hair follicle before extraction.
Each unit contains one to four hairs. These one to four hair groupings (called follicular unit grafts) are then transplanted into the balding areas of your head. In this method thus, there is no need for the surgeon to make a long incision in the donor area, as in the FUT procedure. This is an ideal method of surgery for patients who like to wear their hair short. This method is also recommended for patients who have a tight scalp or have previously undergone the ‘strip’ or FUT method but with little or no success.
Hair transplant techniques can be broadly classiﬁed as FUE, FUT, and hair implantation. FUE has been the most popular and successful hair transplantation procedure. Hair transplant has come a long way since its existence into the market for legitimate beneﬁts.
Hair loss has aﬀected a large population in India and around the world. People residing in metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, and Patna. Now, hair transplant is carried out on diﬀerent body sites including eyebrow, eyelashes, head, face. The hair transplantation procedure is ambiguous and natural results that no one is able to distinguish, other than your fuller hair.
What guidelines should I follow before undergoing an FUE procedure?
Once you are deemed physically ﬁt to undergo an FUE hair procedure, there are certain guidelines you need to follow:
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let the doctor know immediately, as they may represent a contraindication to surgery.
- If you are taking broad beta-blockers let your doctor know immediately.
- If you use inhalers, you need to bring your inhaler to the clinic on the day of the procedure.
- Your scalp should not be sunburned prior to the procedure.
- Do not take any anti-inﬂammatory medications (NSAIDs) for one week prior to your procedure.
- Do not take any B or E vitamins for one week before your procedure, this includes any multivitamins, as these tablets are known to increase bleeding.
- Medications prescribed to you such as heart and blood pressure medication should be taken as prescribed right up to and including the day of your procedure.
- If you smoke and drink alcohol, stop smoking and drinking alcohol two weeks prior to the procedure, as smoking and drinking can interfere with the healing process.
- If you dye your hair, please dye your hair three days prior to the procedure and be sure to scrub your scalp everyday, including on the day of the procedure, to keep it free from dye. (You need to conﬁrm with your doctor about washing your hair on the day of the procedure).
- Some doctors may ask you to eat breakfast and lunch prior to the procedure, while others may ask you to refrain from eating and drinking at least 12 hours prior to the procedure. Please follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Some doctors may advise you to wash your hair thoroughly on the day of the procedure, while some do not. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do not apply any hair sprays or other hair styling products on the day of the surgery.
- Do not drink any caﬀeinated beverages on the day of the procedure.
Planning FUE Hair Transplant Treatments
The procedure for FUE hair transplant starts with counselling. The patient has to attend a counselling and hair drawing session before the procedure begins. The team of experienced hair transplant doctors then suggests some medicines for the patient to administer in the following days before the procedure. Meanwhile, the patient can complete his/her paperwork also.
On the day of the procedure, the patient has to go through certain hypersensitivity tests and all the vitals are monitored. The surgery is performed under the eﬀect of local anaesthesia. The scalp of the patient is made numb so that he/she will not feel any kind of pain. After that, the areas from which the hair follicles are to be extracted are marked. This depends on a number of factors such as natural growth density, angulation of hair follicles, and orientation of hair shaft. After the area is selected, the grafts are then removed from the area in a group of two to four hairs one by one. It is done with the help of a micro punch.
The extracted hair follicles are then placed on the required site. The graft is checked again to make sure that everything is done in a proper manner and then the area is closed. After the procedure, the patient also has to take some medicines.
In fact, the risk of long-term nerve damage which leads to chronic numbness or pain in the donor’s area is signiﬁcantly reduced. After the FUEFollicular Unit Extraction Treatment, you will have a natural hairline with a thicker hair head. The best part about hair loss treatments is that it does not produce any plugs after the treatment, so the hair looks completely natural.
But for the donor, the entire donor area needs to be shaved which is basically the entire side and on the back of the scalp. Another problem regarding FUE is that the transected grafts are more fragile as it does not contain much of the protective dermis and fat. FUE is even a blind procedure as the machine cannot see through the skin to detect the location of the hair bulb.
However, by the FUE method, the follicles are harvested for a much bigger area of the donor’s site as compared to the other method FUT where it is estimated to be eight times greater than that of the ancient strip method excision. So for this method, the patient must choose a reputed, well-experienced surgeons to perform the hair implant service properly. The patient must consider the advantages and disadvantages of the method and can even consult a specialist for better advice. FUE and FUT are diﬀerent procedures that address diﬀerent problems diﬀerently and so the procedure which works the best for you must be chosen.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant
Advantages of FUE hair transplant. FUE help people with severe to profound hair loss to restore hair natural look. Now, patients can enjoy hair transplant from the arms, body, face, back, legs, and chest allowing them to get denser hair. Here are key advantages to FUE:
- FUE assure minimal invasive surgery
- There is no numbness or tightness in the scalp
- Safest and most trusted surgery for hair graft extraction
- Grey or white hairs can only be transplanted through FUE
- According to many experimented studies during FUE transacted hair grows back
- No visible scarring even with short hairs
- No pain during treatment so that you can leave home just after the treatment
- Natural local anaesthesia is facilitated during the procedure to minimise pain
- Body hairs can only be transplanted using FUE technique
- FUE is the best hair restoration treatment for patients with tight scalp
- A large number of hairs can be harvested using the FUE hair transplant techniques
- Most transparent hair transplant technique as the number of grafts are shown in the screen of the FUE machine
Determining Ideal Patient For FUE Hair Transplant
Before you opt for the best FUE hair transplant treatment, you must go through the conditions that are required for undergoing the procedure. So, check out the list given ahead.
- The first and foremost requirement for undergoing FUE hair transplant is that the patient having baldness should not be more than Norwood stage two.
- Secondly, only those men can go for FUE hair transplant who has or want short haircuts.
- Patients who have to go for hair transplant from the body to the scalp can opt for it.
- Those patients who require repair or corrections in their prior transplant can also go for FUE.
- Patients who have previously gone through FUT transplant procedure and now, have a tight scalp, should choose FUE hair transplant.
- Also, if the patient has any scar from a surgery or a burn mark, FUT will be a good option.